THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINIONS
AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE
Written by Robyn Charteris
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn
Air Date (UK):
It's Dowager Hatt's birthday and the Fat Controller sends Thomas to collect the birthday guests. Percy feels left out as he hasn't been given a special. Mavis tells Percy that the Fat Controller is sure to have a special for him, and tells him to let her know how it goes.
- The music when Percy left the docks to the quarry was really well done.
- It was nice seeing Percy with an episode to himself.
- Why did the Fat Controller walk away from Thomas and Percy and afterwards came back?
- Wouldn't be better that the parcel be in a vent van rather then a flatbed to avoid damages? I guess that if it happened then there is no point of a plot.
- 'Thomas was at Brendam', where else could he be at Knapford? Wellsworth? His branch line? those lines are just pointless, we already know he is their.
Despite the flaws that this episode has, this episode is an OK for me. Percy may as well act like an idiot in this episode, but not as dreadful as 'Percy's New Friends'. The red crate was very colourful and the episode it self is trying to be good, but need some tweaking. However, as mentioned in my cons the lines saying like 'X is a Brendam' why do we need to know that they're there, children would already know that the engine is at the docks. There are ships and cranes there. It was pointless that the Fat Controller told Thomas to bring the visitors from Brendam and then he walked away. He could at least say what Thomas' job is and then tell Percy's his after Thomas had left.
But it was also nice seeing Percy having an episode to himself and I have to say the music when Percy left the docks was a well done and I hope Robert Hartshrone has more great music to come in future Thomas episodes.