Monday 2 April 2012

S13 Ep: 4 Double Trouble

THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINION AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE


DOUBLE TROUBLE
Written by Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn

Air Date (UK):
28/1/10

Plot:
It's the Fat Controller's birthday, and Thomas is sent to Maithwaite early to collect the Fat Controller and Lady Hatt to take them to the party. However, when Thomas arrives, he is very surprised to see the Fat Controller already there - and that he has a moustache and calls Thomas his friend.


PROS:
- I have to say, there are two human characters that I liked in this season, the first is Mr. Bubbles, which I'll explain later in my 'Slippy Sodor', and 'Sir' Lowham Hatt. 


- Credit goes to the animators for the wonderful interior of the signal box. 


CONS:
- How on earth did Lowhman Hatt get his knighthood? The Fat Controller has his for his service to the railway. 


- 'He never called Thomas his old-friend!' I know that it is referring to Sir Lowham Hatt, but, wouldn't the Fat Controller be friends with Thomas since they knew each other for so long.


- Why would Sir Lowham Hatt just go into a signalbox and play with the switches? If has been the Fat Controller he would've known better.


This episode is... just stupid. Thomas would've obviously know that the Fat Controller never has a moustache, he did in the first Railway Series book by Christopher Awdry, but the RWS and the recent TV series are very different towards each other. How on the green earth did Lowham Hatt get his knighthood? I don't know. But I have to say, he is a funny kind of character and I like him. I do have to say, I give credit to the Nitrogen animators for the wonderful interior of the Junction signal box. But despite the wonderfully animated features on this episode, the episode's writing is still messed up. 

Rating: 2/5