THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE
TOBY'S NEW WHISTLE
Written by Louise Karmskoy
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn
Air Date (UK):
Everyone on Sodor is in high spirits, except for Toby as his bell needs repairs. There are no spare bells at the Steamworks, so Toby must be fitted with a very loud and large whistle.
- Despite that Toby did have his bell for many years, it was nice seeing that he has a whistle since we last heard in the 'Bulleyes' from Season 4.
- The Fat Controller asked Toby to pick up Lady Hatt. Yet we don't what location she's at and why does she need to be picked up. Wouldn't it be better if Lady Hatt got a ride with the Fat Controller, her husband?
- 'With his new three chime steam whistle', we already know it's a three chime steam whistle so there is no need to say it again.
- Why is Gordon on the same track as Toby? There are more tracks next to him and he could've caused an accident at that speed.
- Toby should know how to move cows
-'Toby was scared', Toby is a wise tram engine, he would have no choice but to use his new whistle.
- The only help Toby needed is the signalman, that way the cows won't get hurt by approaching engines.
- Why was Toby's firebox at the back of the cab when he and Thomas were at the level crossing? I don't know.
This episode is just bad, Toby scared of something new? Toby's an old and wise tram engine, he would accept something new like his whistle. Why does the words 'three chime steam whistle' keep getting repetitive in this episode, we get it! You can just call it 'his new whistle'. The episode is unrealistic and Toby's true personality from Season 1 - 7 has vanished. However, it was nice seeing that Toby has a whistle, like in 'Bullseyes'. But this episode is bad and I wouldn't watch it twice.