THESE ARE SOLEY MY OWN OPINION AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE.
JUMPING JOBI WOOD
Written by Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn
Thomas is ordered to collect some precious Jobi wood from Misty Island, but chaos ensues when Old Wheezy starts throwing the logs around.
- Ferdinand calling the Fat Controller 'Boss' was pretty funny
- 'Ol' Wheezy and Hee Haw won't be any trouble for us'. Really? Look at Misty Island it's a death trap! Logs being thrown everywhere by poorly maintained cranes, where is the Occupational Health and Safety inspector (OH&S) in all this?
- Once again Edward is a wimp and not in his usual old but wise self.
- The logs bashing Edward on the 'Shake-Shake Bridge' that would've damaged the bridge and of course Edward severely.
- How the logs were loaded on the flatbeds was unrealistic. That can kill people, if there is people on Misty Island.
In the words of Dash from this episode. This episode is 'just plain crazy'. Despite that I like the logging locos, I don't like Misty Island. Look at it it's a death trap for the engines and people. Logs being thrown everywhere, a bridge that doesn't even break and poorly maintained cranes just buzzing about acting like junk. If there is going to be another episode of Misty Island, my suggestion is to clean it up and make it new again instead of leaving it a mess for the merchandising range.
Edward and Thomas, what has happened to you? Edward is the usual wimp on the Fat Controller's new and improved railway and Thomas is the idiotic engine of the day thinking he knows everything from magnets to death trapped island of misfit engines.
But, despite the flaws and my dislike of Ferdinand, the 'Boss' scene was funny. But this episode by its writing is just crazy, weird and not a firm favourite. Though I do have to say the title is catchy, but that doesn't matter.