THESE ARE SOLEY MY OWN OPINION
AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE
EDWARD THE HERO
Written by Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn
Edward wants to be a hero like Harold.
- This episode has a good moral of 'Being Yourself'
- Are my eyes playing tricks or is Charlie actually doing some work?
- 'I like to be a hero, but I'm not sure if I'll be good at it.' I got three episodes for this sentence, 'Edward's Exploit', 'Old Iron' and 'Edward The Really Useful Engine' .
- How the way Edward applied his brakes during his rhyming scenes, his tyres would break.
- Why can't Dowager Hatt ask the stationmaster at Maithwate to call Maron about her case and let an their bring it for her?
- Why was Katie far away from Farmer McColl in the first place?
Edward has already been classified as a hero in two episodes. First, the one we all remembered, 'Edward's Exploit' from Season 2 with taking passengers home in the wind, rain and storm with a broken crank pin, the other is 'Old Iron', dispite his old age, he still manage to save James from a runaway and the other from Season 6 'Edward the Really Useful Engine' when he pushed Duck's goods train and Gordon's express up Gordon's hill at once. That's Edward the older fans knew and loved. This episode is 'Being Percy' all over again. But there are two good things, one, Charlie is actually doing work again until he just goes back being the 'Jar-Jar Binks' of Thomas & Friends with episodes being centric to him or having an episode with someone. And the other is the moral 'Being yourself', but that can work in other episodes. It would be better if this episode is actually focused on the China Clay twins, Bill and Ben, that is if they were in the series since Season 12 and if there are more episode not focused on the 'Steam Team'. However, this episode is OK despite the flaws, its not a favourite to me, but maybe for a few fans young and old.