THESE ARE SOLEY MY OWN OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE
EMILY AND DASH
Written by Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn
Emily has to escort Dash to a steam fair, but thoughtlessly leaves him behind.
- Charlie having a British Railway style whistle was great to hear
- The return of Trevor in full CGI in an episode.
- In real life, an engine can't sound like a bird chirping from its whistle.
- Why did the Fat Controller arrive on Thomas instead of Emily?
- Why did Emily leave Dash on the mainline? Why can't she push him to Misty Island to get more oil?
- Hiro and Charlie are going the wrong way to the steam fair since Emily and Dash are heading to the right direction.
Out of all the three episodes of the 'Logging Locos' this one is the worst. Its good for younger kids, but not for me. Charlie having a British Railway style whistle was a nice feature, I give credit for that and so is the return of Trevor. Despite that he's in full CGI in the opening segment for the US audiences, this is the first time the UK and Australia get to see him in full CGI, sadly not a speaking role.
But with whistles tweeting like a bird, that is something you'll never hear from a steam engine's whistle. Thomas' appearance in the past three episodes were pointless, as I said in the first episode, we all know he's the star of the show but there are other character in and out of the 'Steam Team'. Why did Emily leave Dash in the middle of the mainline, I don't know?
This episode is bad with its writing and sense of realism. I don't know why it received a DVD release on 'Up, Up and Away' last month, but there will be more for the UK :P This episode is not perfect thanks to its writing.