THESE ARE SOLEY UNDER MY OWN OPINION AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE
LET IT SNOW
Written by (not surprised) Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan
Produced by Nicole Stinn
While collecting logs for an animal shelter, Thomas sings the Misty Island Snow Song in hopes of making it snow.
- The lights at the beginning brings a Christmas feeling, despite the words 'Winter Holidays' being everywhere.
- I do like episodes that are focused on Thomas and Gordon, hence why I chose the above picture.
- This episode says that Thomas and Gordon were singing the 'Misty Island Snow Song' when really its just a pointless rhyme.
- What are Hill and Sea logs? they're still 'Jobi' logs.
- Why would Gordon park himself near the tunnel? Can't he stay at the Logging Station?
- Singing a 'song' or being really useful cannot make it snow.
I didn't even bother to watch this episode at all as it is filled with pointless rhyming, which is suppose to be a song, pointless three-strikes formula. At first when I read the plot, I thought Gordon and Thomas were actually going to sing the 1940's song 'Let It Snow' by Frank Sinatra, hence the title of the episode. This is an old issue now, but, why put the words 'Winter Holidays' in an episode where all around the stations and places we see lights, Christmas trees and people holding presents and is covered in snow, just keep the word Christmas in.
How can it snow, depends on the cold climate, not being useful or saying a rhyme. Plus, I hate how they shove words down our throats like 'Really Useful', sure it has been used in the classic series, but its everywhere now in toys, books, DVDs etc. but the word is really getting overused now. But on a side note, I do like how the animators made the lights around the station at night bringing a Christmas feeling towards the episode, a little bit and I do like episodes that are focused on Thomas and Gordon, despite the bad writing, it really made me think of the older Thomas episodes like 'Thomas and Gordon' seeing the character standing side-by-side.
But this episode is stale and bland and is certainly not my favourite, but younger kids would like it.