Thursday 3 May 2012

S14 Ep: 20 Henry's Magic Box + Overall of Season 14

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OWN OPINION 
AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

HENRY'S MAGIC BOX
Written by Sharon Miller
Directed by Greg Tiernan 
Produced by Nicole Stinn

Air Date:
8/11/10

Plot:
Henry helps The Fat Controller prepare a secret holiday surprise for all of Sodor

PRO:
- When Henry moves back to the field during the first strike you can hear a bit of a braking sound from the classic series. 

- The lights at the end were amazing with the CGI technology and gave it a great Christmas look

- The winter music is always great to hear in winter or Christmas related episodes

CON:
- How can all the trees that are seen at the end can fit in just one box? 

- Wouldn't a crane be useful for taking the box down from the flatbed instead of the workmen? 

- Henry shouldn't be worried about a box, if someone stole the box then blame Farmer McColl for putting it their, it's his field. 

- Despite that this issue is out of date, I hate the 'Happy Winter Holidays'. If you dress up as Santa and have several Christmas trees around you then its called Christmas.

Despite the great effects of the Christmas lights and the winter music, this episode is bad. Why would Henry be worried about a box? Though I do have to say, even though that I'm getting older every year I can get worried about something sometimes, but not a box filled with trees. Plus, how Henry came to the farm their are workmen their, just workmen. No crane, no cherry picker nothing. How did they bring the crate down? I don't know. And yes, the Christmas/Winter Holiday stuff and i'm not going through with it.

Rating: 1/5

OVERALL OF SEASON 14 

In my eyes, season is not the best, but it is a slight improvement to season 13. Their are some good and some bad stories and there are some I like and some I don't like. The CGI animation is once again flawless, Greg Tiernan's crew did wonders despite the bad story line. I gave Season 13 a 39/100 but since this is a 'meh' season, I'll be giving it a:

40/100 

But still this season is bad. And now I would start reviewing the worst written season in Thomas & Friends history, Season 15, trust there will be lots of negative touches to that season. After that I'll be taking a short break from episode reviewing and get ready to review other merchandise and the Thomas movies in time for the world premiere for 'Blue Mountain Mystery' in July. I will be heading to England around August/September and since I'll be in London at the time for the release of the movie, I might meet up with some of my YT friends :) 

So I will now be reviewing.... Season 15 :P Hooray(!)