Tuesday 5 February 2013

S7 Ep.9: The Spotless Record

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINION AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

THE SPOTLESS RECORD
Written by
Paul Larson 

Directed by
David Mitton 

Air Date:
29/10/03

Plot:
A new engine called Arthur came to the Island of Sodor. He was told to the other engines that he has a Spotless record, meaning he had never done anything bad or made a mess, until some trucks were being rude to him. 

PRO:
- I love Arthur's basis and plus the name, I'll explain that later. 

CON:
- Arthur's wheels were lifted after his crash.
- Thomas' teasing for Arthur just came out of nowhere. 

The reason why I like Arthur's name is that I remember I heard many years ago that there was a contest to name the new engine, I don't know if it's true or not, it has been years. There were names like 'Clarence' and the name 'Arthur' was chosen, I think Clarence would never be suitable to an engine like Arthur, might be better if the character was female or they were planning to have Arthur's character to be female, I don't know? 

Many people might say that Arthur and Belle are related but here's the truth to the people who don't know too much about the basises. Arthur is an LMS 2MT tank engine and Belle is a BR 4MT tank engine, there are major differences that make them look the same, but the TV series happens to make them look the same:



But I have to say, I don't know why Thomas' teasing or hatred for Arthur just came out of nowhere, at first he liked Arthur and then decided to trick him. I know he's a cheeky engine, that was his persona (before the new series) but over the years he should be matured. 

But the episode itself shows that you can't be perfect at everything but with a positive out reach that mistakes are made so you can learn them and I think the episode is good.

Rating: 4/5