Sunday 23 September 2018

S22 Ep.21: Hunt The Truck

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

HUNT THE TRUCK
Written by
Michael White

Directed by
Dianna Basso

Produced by 
Micaela Winter

Air Date
23/09/18

Plot
Bill and Ben's latest game consists of hiding trucks and making other engines hunt for them.

---


Some fans on the twittersphere had speculated that the picture that ABC Australia had released, see above, was Bill and Ben gasping at the site of BoCo. To be honest, I always hope for his return to CGI ever since Brenner/McCue had taken over the production since 2013. But everyone had been saying, in their opinion, that BoCo has no persona, he's Edward but a diesel, Timothy and Marion are more suited to the role etc. But to me I see him with a personality. He has a very stern and tough persona but with a heart of gold, he acts like a stern father who loves them but would scold them whereas Edward, stern but more gentle and I don't really see how Timothy and Marion are more suited considering that they never keep them in order. Timothy is gullible, come on how many times did we have with him falling for their tricks?, and Marion tries but never succeed at times in keeping them in order, sure she was stern towards them but as I said, at times. I mean in 'No Help At All', she was calling out for help towards the twins but they didn't listen.

Anyway was he in today's episode? Sadly, no. But despite that, it was no big loss. The episode still turned out great in the end. I love how Edward was used with him knowing the twins' tricks and it's nice how he works as a secondary character. It's also nice to see Edward's playful back too since S18. Bill and Ben were a treat to watch with their trickery and mischevious attitude and it was great fun seeing them in conflict even there interaction with Edward was spot on too, it feels like something out from the third season. Plus the fantasty sequence was executed greatly, it adds more to the story.

If some fans are dissapointed that BoCo didn't come back here is something. No one had hinted or said that he'll be returning and it was all hyped up for no reason. I know that the production team had always surprised us with returnees, heck I still remember my shock from last year with Bulgy. But like I said in my review for this year's special, self hype can lead to dissapointment. Remember when SiF had hinted that a character from the past had returned and it wasn't from the classic series? People thought it was Bear or whatever character they thought of. But it turns out it was Sam from the Wooden Railway toyline and some had blamed SiF for it, but they didn't say to get hyped about it, they simply told everyone to look out for it. Plus other people who had joined them for the world premire had said that they'll be dissapointed from the hype that they've created (most of the fanbase). As I said before, self hype can lead to dissapointment. I'll be honest, I was expecting him but I was holding back my excitment. But even after viewing this episode again, what sense would he make? You might say that they brought Bulgy back last year out of the blue but here's the difference. Bulgy's comeback made sense. Bertie broke down and he wasn't going to be back anytime soon and who else can take passengers by road? Bulgy! If BoCo was in this, then what would he do?

In the end, this is probably the best episode from the 22nd season and probably my most favourite. Hope we see more Bill and Ben episode soon and I hope one day we'll see BoCo in full CG. 


Episode Rating

Series Rating (So far):
168/210