Thursday 13 September 2018

S22 Ep.11: Thomas In The Wild

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

THOMAS IN THE WILD
Written by
Davey Moore

Directed by
Dianna Basso

Produced by
Micaela Winter

Air Date
13/09/18

Plot
Thomas is taking a film crew to a nature reserve in China to make a film about giant pandas. He is excited by the prospect of seeing one in the wild, but he is not sure what they look like, so he slows down every time he thinks he sees one.

---
Probably the weakest China episode in my opinion, the plot was thin and there was nothing of entertaining value. It was educational about the different animals in China but that was pretty much it sadly. I will say that the animals do look great in CG and the Panda cubs were just adorable to look at! I mean when I first saw them my heart just melted that I just want to hug them. But sadly the episode felt bare and I expected it. However I did like the fantasy sequence of Thomas not knowing what a Panda is and that can be forgiven considering we never saw Panda in any of the past seasons before BWBA was a thing. Rob Rackshaw was the voice of the man that was part of the film crew and he gave the character a bit of a David Attenborough and Chris Tarrant, although I felt he sound more like the latter, the latter is another documentarian from the UK show 'Extreme Railway Journey's', I recommend watching it. So the episode was OK in my book. It was not a bad episode by any means but it feels more educational, bland and unentertaining.



Episode Rating

Series Rating (So far):
90/110