Sunday 5 July 2020

S24 Ep.15: Thomas and the Inventor's Workshop

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

THOMAS AND THE INVENTOR'S WORKSHOP
Written by
Camille Ucan & Rose Johnson

Directed by
Ian Cheery

Produced by
Ian McCue (HIT/Mattel)
Tracy Blagdon (Jam Filled)

Air Date
5/07/20 - AUS

This is a little nitpick but I feel the old crossing gates on Thomas' branch line really stick out like a sore thumb when there's not much detail to go alongside it like a fence. It was there for plot but that's not my problem, I just think it looks out of place that's all and maybe add some more detail to make it look natural. I do like it message, even though we had heard it in the past but it's still nice, that despite something being old, worn and broken doesn't mean it's useless once its restored and used for something else. And yeah the 'Back to the Future' reference. When I first saw this I was really surprised since I am a fan of the movie series, although I wish Chris Renshaw had added a bit of the movie's theme or in style of it as a tribute, but I was also worried that Thomas was going to shoot out electricity. I don't know how Thomas would produce electricity to create power but I'm not that knowledgeable in that field and also films and TV shows that showcase science aren't often accurate anyway, 'Back to the Future' especially. Anyway this was a simple but enjoyable episode.

Series Ratings (So far):
A New Arrival - 7/10
World of Tomorrow - 7/10
Thomas and the Royal Engine - 9/10
Emily's Best Friend - 7/10
Thomas' Fuzzy Friend - 8/10
The Great Little Railway Show - 9/10
Thomas and The Forest Engines - 5/10
Emily to the Rescue - 4/10
Shankar's Makeover - 8/10
Nia and The Unfriendly Elephant - 9/10
James the Super Engine - 7/10
Thomas' Not-So-Lucky Day - 7/10
Ace's Brave Jump - 5/10
Sonny's Second Chance - 9/10
Thomas and the Inventor's Workshop - 8/10

Overall Rating (So far):
109/150