Monday 10 June 2013

S17 Ep.6: Steamie Stafford

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILER, CAUTION IS ADVISE 

STEAMIE STAFFORD

Written by
Paul Larson and Laura Beaumont 

Directed by
David Baas

Produced by
Kallan Kagan (Arc)
Ian McCue & Halim Jabbour (HIT)

Air Date:
10/06/13 (UK)

Plot:
Stafford became jealous of steam engines because of all the noise they make and so he begins to act like them. But this caused a mess up. 

PRO:
- Edward hauling express carriages
- The story
- Moral: You are for who you are
- The music when Stafford was learning to be like a steam engine.
- Calling trucks by their name (e.g. Livestock trucks) 

CON:
- Farmer McColl's dog being outside the brake van 
- Stafford's basis can't run long distances 
- The noises that Stafford made


When I first heard of this episode I thought it was going to be bad. But after watching it, the US version back in April, I found this episode to be enjoyable and far more better then 'Welcome Stafford' in its term of writing, well obviously. I like the story and its moral, you are for who you are and visually, Edward hauling express carriages, when was the last time we ever saw that? Somewhere at the very early part of the television series. Though despite an episode I enjoyed there are the usual flaws. As a railway enthusiast, Stafford's basis can't run long distance trip and they explained that in his introductory episode last year and the noises, I honestly feel sorry for the voice actor to do that, but it is something for the target range to like and enjoy. But I don't like how Farmer McColl's sheep dog was outside the brake van. In real life that'll be dangerous! 

However, in the end, I don't really hate this episode but I know it's not great as well. But I enjoyed it and it was certainly better then 'Welcome Stafford'. 

Rating: 3.5/5