Sunday 16 June 2013

S12 Ep.6: Heave Ho Thomas

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OWN OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

HEAVE HO THOMAS
Written by 
Sharon Miller

Directed by
Steve Asquith 

Air Date:
8/09/08

Plot:
A new American engine name Hank is coming to Sodor and so a welcome home party is arranged. Meanwhile, Thomas was to take some goods to various places and to show Hank around the Island. But when Hank says that Thomas is 'the finest little engine' he had ever seen, Thomas wants to prove that he can be strong until a problem happened. 

PRO:
- A nice ditty of 'Hail to The Chief' 
- I like MA's 'American accent' 
- Moral: Strength isn't anything

CON:
- Despite the moral of the story, Thomas should know by now about strength.

I have to say I like this episode, I think Hank is a good character, despite not having a reason to be on Sodor and that realistically, he cannot be on the loading gauge on UK rails due to his size. Though I do like the accent, even though it wasn't perfect, I remember hearing that the accent by MA makes it sound racist to some American audiences, I do respect their opinions and I'm not here to offend any American or Spanish readers here but Michael Brandon, for the American audiences, did it too as well as a hispanic accent for Hector in this season and I think I haven't heard one parent complaining about it. Plus we had past narrators doing the scottish accent as well in the past.

The moral of the story was good too about strength, but despite that, Thomas should know about that moral by now and I think a well more suiting character like say one of the stronger engines on Sodor took a dislike of him or a tank engine like Rosie, as her basis is from the USA. However, the episode is good and I do think it worth a watch. 

Rating: 4/5