Saturday 22 September 2012

S2 Ep.26 Thomas and The Missing Christmas Tree + Overall

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND NOT FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

THOMAS & THE MISSING CHRISTMAS TREE
Originally Written by
Christopher Awdry

Adapted for Television by
Britt Allcroft, David Mitton and Robert Cardona

Air Date:
23/12/86

Plot:
It was December 23rd and the Fat Controller is getting ready for the Christmas carol party. The Fat Controller gave the special job to Thomas to collect the Christmas tree. However Thomas got stuck in snow and the snow drift snowed him under. The Fat Controller called out Donald and Douglas to rescue him as he assumed he is stranded. They found him and took him back to Tidmouth and in the end, the party was a success and Harold brought in a special guest, Father Christmas! 

PRO:
- All the characters together at Tidmouth station

CON:
- Why were Gordon and Henry smiling about Thomas being late?

I have many fond nostalgic memories when I first saw a classic Thomas episode. I remember watching 'The Sad Story of Henry' when I was young, but this episode will always be forever my first Thomas episode, as I remembered my first viewing perfectly. I loved all the characters being together for Christmas. I love the hats that they wore and I love how they decorate the station. But it was a confusion why Diesel was there and not Daisy? And why Gordon and Henry were smiling when they were cross for Thomas being late.

This is my favourite, I also have the original book and the story is more longer but it almost stuck close with the original, this episode.

Rating: 5/5

OVERALL RATING:
112


OVERALL

Season 2 has gone down as the best season in the entire Thomas franchise and I can see why. The stories are far more different then the ones in the first and this also my favourite series to watch. The stories are dramatic and memorable and some stories got adapted by Christopher Awdry, shame this was his only season. I have more favourable episodes then the last this season. 

The narration, top notch from the legend himself, Ringo Starr. He brought so much energy towards the stories. Shame that this was his last season but at least he gone out on a high note. His scottish accent is good, but the best voice he gives is Diesel's. 

The music, once again, flawless, Mike O' Donnell and Junior Campbell provided so much catchy music that it deserves a CD release. 

The models, the new faces look great and the characters that were introduced are like their RWS counterparts despite their errors. 

Well, now that Season 2 is done and over with. Time for Series 3! 

Thanks for reading!