Tuesday 7 February 2023

All Engines Go! Review - S1 Ep.2: Thomas Blasts Off

 THESE ARE MY OWN OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

THOMAS BLAST OFF

Written by
Christopher Gentile

Directed by
Campbell Bryer

Produced by
Rick Suvalle
Suzie Gallo

Air Date
23/08/21 - Mex
13/09/21 - USA
18/09/21 - CAN
4/01/22 - AUS

Plot
Thomas is excited about a rocket launch happening at Brendam Docks. When he s tasked with delivering a battery, he puts it off to help the other engines deliver the rocket pieces.

MY VIEWS

When I first saw this episode when it debuted in Mexico in 2021, this was the episode that made me make up my mind about the new show, at the time. There is repetition and a three strike formula, however not really in the way as it was during the Miller/Barlow era of the show where it's just one engine doing something three times in a row, stuff's up and what do you know there was a spare the whole time but it's left behind somewhere and go through all the three strikes again to put it right and all is well. 

The three strikes is basically just Thomas going back and forth meeting up with the others who were taking other pieces of the rocket but mainly with him just helping them out before he has to take the battery. The message of the story is that no matter how small something is it's still important, although I think maybe it would've been better if the messages of the episodes were left up to the audience and see what they got out of the story instead of just telling them. I know I did my fair share of that but I try not to do that in my episodes sometimes. 

Looking back at this episode it's not as bad as I first thought but like the debut episode it was alright but not great. 

Series Rating:
A Thomas Promise - 4/10
Thomas Blast Off - 4/10

Overall rating (So far):
8/20