Saturday 9 November 2019

DVD Review: Digs & Discoveries

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED BY THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

DIGS & DISCOVERIES
Written by
Becky Overton

Directed by
Joey So 
(Digs & Discoveries)

Dianna Basso 
(the Bonus episodes)

Produced by
Ian McCue (HIT/Mattel)
Tracy Blagdon (Jam Filled)

Bonus Features
Bonus episode - 'First Day On Sodor'
Bonus episode - 'Deep Trouble'
Bonus episode - 'Out of Site'
Meet The Characters
UN Stories - 'Quality Education'
UN Stories - 'Sustainable Cities' 
Song: The Sodor Construction Crew

Release Date
7/10/19 - UK
30/10/19 - AUS

Distributed by
Mattel Creations (UK/AUS)
ABC Kids (AUS)

EPISODES
My view points on these episodes are listed here:

All Tracks Lead To Rome
Mines Of Mystery

Plus the bonus episodes:
First Day On Sodor
Deep Trouble
Out Of Site

Too Loud, Thomas
Lorenzo's Solo

SPECIAL FEATURES + OVERALL




Apart from the bonus episodes, the DVD also features some of the usual such as 'Meet the Characters' of the newbies from the movie and they are pretty much the standard with the whole backstory of the Italian characters which is pretty simple and straightforward. We also have the UN stories which were also the usual standard videos from Mattel and the UN. I will say they are nice and informative too and I think kids can understand them well and learn more about the rest of the world around them knowing not all kids are lucky to have an education and not all cities are great.


We also got a song about the Sodor Construction Crew. I think the music is good but the lyrics were pretty meh. I feel that it was more of a copy and paste of chorus and add each of the characters and that's it. It's not a bad song but it wasn't really the best that I've seen. There was also an extended version of 'Lets Dream' during the full length run of the movie, which I have to say was a bit better than the construction crew song in my opinion.

In the end, the DVD is good I think the younger audience would like it and there are plenty of episodes, 'Deep Trouble' is probably my favourite to sit through so I recommend that, to sit through which are good and entertaining in my opinion.

Rating: 8/10

THIS IS THE FINAL DVD REVIEW FOR 2019!!
LOOK OUT FOR MY RETROSPECTIVE OVERALL ON DECEMBER 31st.