Tuesday 19 September 2017

S21 Ep.2: A Most Singular Engine

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FAN BASE

A MOST SINGULAR ENGINE
Written by
Davey Moore

Directed by
Diana Basso 

Produced by
Micaela Winters

Air Date
19/09/17

Plot
Diesel causes trouble between Daisy and Harvey.

PRO
- Moral: Everyone is unique
- The interaction between Harvey and Daisy
- Diesel making lies again
- The eye of the tiger stare off

CON
- 'My bottom's wet' 
- I think the episode could've been a bit better with its story

I pretty much enjoyed this episode more than I did with this season's opener. Although I'll put out a few cons first. I think the story could've been improved a bit with the idea of Diesel being jealous about Daisy making friends and decides to make up lies about Harvey and Daisy and while everyone was going about the 'real big poo' quote from yesterday's, which I don't find much harm in it since it made sense with Dart had no idea what Daisy means with her french, which by the way I do like that trait with her snobbish and high class attitude, I don't like the quote with Diesel saying; 'My bottom's wet!' it really feels awkward and silly. Why not have him saying 'My undercarriage is wet!', the original line just feels a little low for Thomas. 

But aside from those two cons, I do love the moral about that everyone is unique in their own way and Davey Moore had done a stellar job on choosing the two engines for this story outside of the Steam Team pack. Their interaction was fine with their different personalities and the way they've learned about the uniqueness of each other despite hearing the lies from Diesel, which was a nice little throwbacks to the classic series to me. There was plenty of humour too such as the 'Eye of the Tiger' stare off, although maybe they should've use the wild west stand off music instead? But it didn't bother me in the end.

The episode was good, it's good to see the complexity of Diesel's character still intact. He wants to be useful but still can't get away from his devious habits. 

Episode Ratings:
A Most Singular Engine - 9/10

Series Rating (So far):
17/20