Tuesday 15 October 2019

S23 Ep.2: Chucklesome Trucks

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

CHUCKLESOME TRUCKS
Written by
Davey Moore

Directed by
Dianna Basso

Produced by
Tracy Blagdon 

Air Date
4/09/19 - UK
15/10/19 - AUS


First time I saw this episode it was released in Mexico back in May 2019 and like Japan, they too have the english dub albeit it's the US voice cast. Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode and it has a nice message too. Just because others had a problem with something doesn't mean that the same will happen to you. Although when I first saw it I felt a little bit off with it and that was with Thomas, James and Percy. I thought their accidents were caused by Rebecca and that she wasn't responsible. But watching it again, I realised Rebecca wasn't fully responsible and the three engines were responsible for their own doing albeit concerned about Rebecca. 

Some might say that Rebecca came off as perfect in this episode but I think she was more oblivious to the trucks and their behaviour. Rebecca is a new member of the railway and would not know everything about her new home. I hope this leads to an episode of her realising that the trucks are troublesome, give her some conflict to deal with by being too confident about it due to last time. The trucks and their reaction towards Rebecca's enthusiasm was funny when they reached Vicarstown. Oh yeah and there were references to the past episodes and while they are a bit of a treat to see a moment from the classic series being reimagined in CGI, I think a mere mention of Thomas, Percy and James' mishaps with the trucks from the past could work as well with the short running time. The flashback recreation does chew up the running time to be honest and I think maybe the production team should down play on the references. 

But in the end, this was a very good episode and I'd enjoyed it. 

Episode Rating (So far):
Free The Roads - 10/10
Chucklesome Trucks - 8/10

Series Rating (So far):
18/20