Sunday 27 October 2019

S23 Ep.12: Gordon Gets The Giggles

THESE ARE SOLEY MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INFLUENCED FROM THE THOMAS & FRIENDS FANBASE

GORDON GETS THE GIGGLES
Written by
Becky Overton 

Directed by
Dianna Basso

Produced by
Ian McCue (HIT/Mattel)
Tracy Blagdon (Jam Filled)

Plot
Gordon becomes worried when he gets a serious case of the giggles.

Air Date
10/09/19 - UK
27/10/19 - AUS


It's not a favourite episode of mine but it really wasn't anything bad. I think for once it was nice to see Gordon showcasing a side to himself that isn't him belittling someone or being too boastful. I get it that it's his character but it's good to see a side different side to him for once. Watching the US dub, Kerry Shale had done a really good job for Gordon and I really do like him and Keith Wickham equally, the same can be said about Wickham's performance. The laughter he had done for Gordon was hilarious and honestly I do like the fantasy sequence in this episode too. Plus I gave out a chuckle when Gordon called himself 'Big G.' Something that you don't hear from the past but honestly it never bothered me. It's probably too kiddish for some but like I said earlier it wasn't great but it certainly wasn't bad, I tend to see this in line of 'Steamie Stafford'. If there's one nitpick I would say is that the coal hopper scene could've been cut, I think it would've worked better if Gordon was just puffing into the yard looking serious instead. But it's just a nitpick.

Episode Ratings (So far):
Free The Roads - 10/10
Chucklesome Trucks - 8/10
Heart Of Gold - 9/10
Panicky Percy - 6/10
Crowning Around - 10/10
First Day On Sodor - 8/10
Rangers Of The Rails - 7/10
Lorenzo's Solo - 8/10
Deep Trouble - 9/10
Too Loud, Thomas - 9/10
Out of Site - 8/10
Gordon Gets The Giggles - 6/10

Series Rating (So far):
98/120